27 December 2008

From September's Travel Diary

I just uncovered this while cleaning my unkempt desktop.

Some selections: "Newark: I'm afforded the opportunity to upgrade to 'business class.' I take it. Not clear on the difference. More leg room?"

Washington airport: "I buy some Korean currency, the won. About US$200 worth. Comes to 190,000. But that's a sale, not a proper exchange."

"Tokyo: Brief layover waiting for the Seoul flight. Nothing exotic about the airport layout. I get to hang out in the biz class lounge, thanks to that Newark upgrade. Comfy chairs, a cup of tea, a rack of newspaper. The life. Passed through the security checkpoint but WITHOUT having to take off my shoes."

"Hotel, Incheon Korea. How far is Seoul? Not sure -- I'll see if I can get the bus there cheaply. I like the hotel room, although the shower has an intimidating control panel -- looks NASA inspired. Fortunately, there's a less intimidating bath tub."

---

That'll be enough. You don't want my impressions of, say, the Queen Mary Hospital in Hong Kong. The above will let you know two things about me: I'm very easy to please with even the slightest whiff of luxury. I'm also very easy to intimidate.

1 comment:

megat said...

  I think your blog is really interesting ... especially this post :)

Knowledge is warranted belief -- it is the body of belief that we build up because, while living in this world, we've developed good reasons for believing it. What we know, then, is what works -- and it is, necessarily, what has worked for us, each of us individually, as a first approximation. For my other blog, on the struggles for control in the corporate suites, see www.proxypartisans.blogspot.com.