19 June 2011

Congratulations to the Mavericks

I don't follow pro hoops much -- though as regular readers of this blog know, I'm a big fan of the college level of the sport.

I did notice a week ago that the Dallas Mavericks became the 2011 champions of the NBA. Congratulations to them.

I am rather ambivalent in my attitudes toward Mark Cuban, the Mavericks' owner. On the one hand, he is engaged in a great folly known as Sharesleuth see here for more.

On the other hand, the government brought some very weak insider-trading charges against him not long ago and I cheered his victory over that bum rap.

At any rate, he makes good copy.

Cheers, then, for both Cuban and his team.

No comments:

Knowledge is warranted belief -- it is the body of belief that we build up because, while living in this world, we've developed good reasons for believing it. What we know, then, is what works -- and it is, necessarily, what has worked for us, each of us individually, as a first approximation. For my other blog, on the struggles for control in the corporate suites, see www.proxypartisans.blogspot.com.