21 February 2010
Random Links for Today
1. A company based in Pennsylvania makes a plush toy of Hanuman, the son of the Hindu wind god, who has the form of a monkey. Super cuddly. Gotta love it.
2. Better to worship a god in the form of a monkey than to worship a god in the form of a very sick teenage boy?
3. A somewhat more serious interfaith dispute is underway in the courts of Cook County, Illinois.
4. It's good to see someone taking the long view of his country's present problems. In this case, the someone is a Greek, Vassilis Vassilikos, author of The Few Things I Know About Glafkos Thrassakis: A Novel" .
5. But here, to balance the long with the short, is a more near term view of Greece's debt woes.
6. Meanwhile, in the world of science, the element formerly known as "Ununbium" has a new name. Which is good, because "ununbium" sounds like a plot twist in the next James Cameron movie. It will henceforth be known as Copernicum.
7. After this guy of course.
8. Moving from science to tech, and to the business side of tech at that, there is this.
9. And I big you goodbye with a hook. Or a song about a hook anyway.
Knowledge is warranted belief -- it is the body of belief that we build up because, while living in this world, we've developed good reasons for believing it. What we know, then, is what works -- and it is, necessarily, what has worked for us, each of us individually, as a first approximation. For my other blog, on the struggles for control in the corporate suites, see www.proxypartisans.blogspot.com.