04 February 2008

Wow

What a game. One of the most exciting sports events I've ever seen -- right up there with, say, the sixth game of the 1975 World Series. Or Super Bowl 3, [excuse me! III]the one Joe Namath accurately guaranteed in defiance of the odds.

Or Han Solo's ride through an asteroid field, saying "Never tell me the odds."

Wow. The Giants, who started the regular season badly, who only got in to the playoffs as a wild card, won -- defeating the til-then-unbeaten New England Patriots.

It gives me hope that the fluke statistical correlation I discussed yesterday could hold for another year.

No comments:

Knowledge is warranted belief -- it is the body of belief that we build up because, while living in this world, we've developed good reasons for believing it. What we know, then, is what works -- and it is, necessarily, what has worked for us, each of us individually, as a first approximation. For my other blog, on the struggles for control in the corporate suites, see www.proxypartisans.blogspot.com.